My absolute fave thing to do is to eat and drink… cause duh, so I put together a little list of the top places in the city to do both!
If you are traveling from out of town, or just need to try out a new place, this is for you. If you are anything like me, and screenshots OpenTable restaurants, these are my tried and true spots in Chicago.
- Fulton Market Kitchen- This one is my for real favorite right now. I am such a lover of art and food, and this place provides both. The food was pretty great, and the atmosphere was even better.
- Velvet Taco– Enough said.
- Katana- I love this spot- the sushi is so good and the atmosphere is very fun and light.
- Bodega- Chicago is notorious for speakeasies, but the best part about this one is its inside an ice cream shop. Be careful to not go to the wrong Bodega!
- Tanta– DREAMY Peruvian food at this spot, lots of seafood and yummy things. One of the best places I’ve been to!
- Fig and Olive– This is the cutest little restaurant found in the Gold Coast of Chicago. Super elegant dishes and interiors, with a beautiful bar in the center ( very insta)
- Somerset– A beautiful restaurant with all American food. One of those spots that are perfect for a summer day or evening, with a gorgeous interior design and strung lights outdoors.
- Steak 48– This one is for the specialist occasions. My boyfriend and I are convinced this is the best steak house in all of Chicago, excellent service and the tastiest desserts.
- La Josie– Located in West Loop, the best spot for a casual Mexican meal. This spot does not disappoint, the food is always super satisfying beyond regret.
- RPM Steak– A local favorite, the menu is great for any dish and they have a great bar to socialize at! (Anthony approved)
- The Hoxton Hotel- The foyer of this hotel turns into a lounge area with cozy chairs and a cute bar. This is the perfect spot for a Sunday afternoon to have an avocado toast and a cocktail.
- Etta– Located in Wicker Park, this is a modern Italian restaurant with yummy pasta dishes and cocktails!
For all you foodies out there in Chicago, follow our foodie Instagram for more local experiences and meals! 🙂 https://www.instagram.com/plateraters/